Chocolate covered orange peels
Preparation 12 h
Ingredients (for 4)
For the peels:
- 130 g of candied orange peel in quarters
For the glaze:
- 70 g of dark chocolate
- Put the quartered candied orange peels on a rack at room temperature and let them dry overnight. The next day, cut the orange peels into 5-6 millimetre wide strips.
- Next, temper the dark chocolate by placing it in a bowl and melting it in a bain-marie or in the microwave, until reaching a temperature of 45-50 °C (to check the temperature, use a cooking thermometer).
- Pour from a third to half on a marble surface and let it cool, scraping it until it reaches 26-27 °C, and then add it to the remaining hot chocolate coating. When this has reached a temperature of 31-32 °C, it will be ready for use. Using a fork, glaze the candied orange strips with the softened chocolate.
- Drain the excess chocolate and place the glazed strips on a sheet of parchment paper. Let the chocolate covered orange peels crystallize in the open air.