Mixed berry tart
Preparation 1h 30 mins – 1h of cooling
Ingredients (for 6)
For the syrup to pour over the top:
- 80 g sugar
- 40 ml of Maraschino liqueur
- 30 ml of water
For the base:
- 1 disk of sponge cake of 18 cm in diameter and weighing about 80 grams
- 1 disk of chocolate pastry crust (already cooked) of 18 cm in diameter and weighing about 100 grams
- 300 g of sweetened whipped cream
- 300 g of pastry cream
- 2 sheets of gelatine
- 40 g of chopped pistachios
- 250 g of mixed berries and strawberries
For the finish:
- a couple of fresh mint leaves
- icing sugar
- To prepare the syrup, boil the water and sugar, let it cool down and add the Maraschino.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pastry cream to a small pan, add the gelatine softened in cold water and wrung out, letting it dissolve well.
- Remove it from the heat and add the remaining cold cream, then carefully add half of the sweetened whipped cream.
- Spread two-thirds of the cream in which you have added the whipped cream on top of the chocolate pastry crust, sprinkling it with some of the mixed berries. Next, top it with the disk of sponge cake, and pour the Maraschino syrup and finish with the remaining cream.
- To simplify the method, you may assemble the cake inside of a cake pan, which will later be removed.
- Press the chopped pistachios into the edges, and put the dessert in the refrigerator to set for about one hour.
- Spread the mixed berries and strawberries over the top, decorate the border with the remaining whipped cream using a piping bag, and decorate with a couple of mint leaves and a sprinkling of icing sugar.