Trenette al pesto
Preparation 10 mins – Cooking Time 10 mins
Ingredients (for 4)
- 400 g of trenette pasta
- 30 g of basil
- 15 g of pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 200 ml of Ligurian extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 40 g of grated aged pecorino
- To prepare the pesto alla genovese, chop the garlic and shred the basil, adding a pinch of salt to preserve the green colour of the leaves.
- When the garlic and basil are chopped to perfection, add them to a mortar with the pine nuts and crush, adding a splash of oil to obtain the “pesto”.
- Place the pesto in a mixing bowl and add all of the other ingredients: the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, the grated aged pecorino, any remaining oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta in a pan with plenty of salted, boiling water. Drain it when al dente and top with the pesto. If it is too thick, dilute it with a glass of cooking water and serve