Warm octopus and potato salad
Preparation 10 mins – Cooking time 40 mins
Ingredients (for 4)
- 1 kg of octopus
- 250 g of potatoes
- 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Clean the octopus removing the innards, eyes, and beak. Wash it thoroughly under running cold water, then place it in a pan with plenty of water and salt and bring to the boil.
- Cook for at least half an hour until tender but not mushy when piercing it with a fork.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and cook them in boiling, salted water that is lightly acidified with white wine vinegar. Drain the octopus, and if you prefer, cut it while hot, or let it cool and then cut into pieces.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add them to the octopus, and add the salt, lemon juice, oil, chopped parsley, and pepper. Serve.